Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 2 servings. Per serving: 1 Leaner | 3 Green | 1½ Condiments
4 oz 95-97% lean ground beef*
6 whole jalapeno peppers
4 oz (½ cup) low-fat plain Greek yogurt
4 oz (1 cup) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
3 medium scallions, sliced thin
1 large red bell pepper, diced fine
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cumin
¼ tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp paprika
*To make vegetarian, substitute beef with 1 cup cooked MorningStar Farms®
Sausage-Style Recipe Crumbles.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
2. Cook ground beef in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat until done (internal temperature of 160°F). Set aside.
3. Cut jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and membrane.
4. Combine beef, yogurt, cheese, scallions, red pepper, and spices in a medium bowl.
5. With a spoon, fill jalapeno pepper halves with cheese mixture.
6. Place the peppers, cut-side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
290 calories | 13g fat | 12g carbohydrates | 32g protein