Lime Cilantro Pork Tacos
Serves 4. Each serving = 1 complete Lean & Green Meal.
Serving Size: 3 Tacos with ½ cup jicama fries.
- 1¼ lb raw pork tenderloin
- Cooking spray
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced bell pepper
- ½ cup diced jalapeno pepper, with seeds removed
- 2 cups jicama, peeled and cut into ¼-inch sticks
- 6 tsp lime juice, divided
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup plum tomatoes
- 12 sturdy lettuce leaves (romaine, etc.)
- Trim off any visible fat from pork tenderloin, and slice into thin strips.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, and lightly coat with cooking spray. Toss the pork in the pan and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Cook until done (internal temperature of 145° F). Remove from heat, and set aside.
- As the pork cooks, prepare the jicama fries. Mix jicama slices with two teaspoons lime juice, ¼ cup fresh cilantro, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl, and toss until well-incorporated. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sauté the onions, bell pepper, and jalapeno peppers until tender, about five minutes.
- Pour in broth, reduce heat, and simmer for a minute, scraping the pan to loosen any browned bits.
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer for an additional two minutes.
- Add the pork—and any juices—back to the pan, and stir in remaining cilantro and lime juice. Cook for one minute.
- Scoop a portion of the mixture into a sturdy piece of lettuce to enjoy like a taco. Serve with jicama fries.
Like this recipe? Then check out The Front Burner™ with Chef Jason for more!
July 1, 2014 at 9:55 am
Nice & easy recipe. Allergic to Pork, so I’ll try with chicken breasts! Easy tweak to accommodate the family is to serve with corn tortillas! I think the hardest sell will be the Jicama “fries”!
July 19, 2014 at 1:52 pm
Sounds yummy. Would like the nutrition info included, though. Really like the sound of the jicama “fries” – will make some today!
July 28, 2014 at 9:39 am
Great recommendation! We will add the nutrition info going forward.
September 16, 2014 at 8:18 pm
I’ve fixed this twice and cannot believe how flavorful this is! I used non-fat plain greek yogurt (rather than sour cream) on the lettuce leaf (a dab) and then the pork mixture on top…WOW, it’s just amazing! Keep the recipes coming!!