We’ve noticed that we have many new customers recently and are excited to help those new to Medifast. Read more for 10 tips from me and our Facebook fans to navigate through that first week!
It’s perfectly natural to feel a little nervous when you start something new. That’s why most of us seek advice from those who’ve traveled the road before us. Medifast’s 5 & 1 Plan is no exception.
One thing that makes Medifast so successful is our support network. Every day, all day, you can get encouragement, compassion, and advice from thousands of people who were once new, just like you.
- The first three days on the plan are critical to your success, so start your day prepared, and make sure you keep a stash of Medifast Meals to carry with you everywhere!
- Achieving a fat-burning state takes three to five days. If you feel tired, hungry, or headachy, hang in there! You’ll soon burn fat more quickly and feel more energized! (Note: If you’re not feeling well after five days, please pause the program and consult your physician.)
- Make a list of all the reasons you want to get healthy—your reasons, not somebody else’s expectations. Keep the list handy, and read it over whenever you need positive reinforcement.
- If you are not already active when you start the 5 & 1 Plan, wait two or three weeks before you begin an exercise program. Always check with your health care provider first, and start slowly—just 10 to 15 minutes a day.
- Water makes up about 60% of our weight. Unlike fat, water cannot be stored and thus needs to replenished through adequate hydration. Drink 64 ounces of water daily!
Tips from Facebook Fans
- Rid your house of snack foods and things that you know will be a temptation to you. Get out of the kitchen and do something else. – Tricia Dixon Rid
- Sign up to be part of the Medifast community at mymedifast.com to track your meals and water intake and to have Medifast-related questions answered. Visit the Success Photos Central forum when you are in need of motivation! – Olga Olichka Afichuk
- Don’t be too hard on yourself if you slip up. It took a lifetime to learn your previous eating habits; give yourself a chance to learn new ones. – Paula Shin
- I always keep two Medifast Meals in my purse so I am never caught off guard. I carry a water bottle with me. – Jeanie Baratono
- Know that this is as much a mental challenge as it is physical one. Repeat self-talk that is encouraging and keeps you focused in the moment. – Michelle Horton Crisafulli
Thanks to everyone for the excellent tips. Success is so close you can taste it! And what do you know—it tastes just like a S’mores Crunch Bar. And a Mocha Ready-to-Drink Shake. And a bowl of Hearty Vegetarian Sloppy Joe. And …
April 6, 2013 at 2:27 am
Wow, it was great till the huge temptation of food at the end.
April 6, 2013 at 2:29 am
So after reading this article I has a s’more bar with a mocha. Then a hearty bowl of sloppy joe mix. 3 of them.