What’s more comforting than hot soup on a cold day? Whether you’re a fan of the Medifast Chicken Noodle Soup, Cream of Tomato, or perhaps the Maryland Crab, there are plenty of soups to keep you warm and full this winter!
Or is traditional soup not your thing? That’s okay! Many of our Medifasters are just too creative to stick with the traditional “heat and eat” method of preparing our soups. From flatbreads and muffins, they’ve created some incredible new ways to enjoy Medifast Meals. Here is one we’ve borrowed from the Blogger Simply Flabuloss. Enjoy!
Fresh Herb Cream of Tomato Flatbread (adapted from Sandy’s Pizza Bread recipe)
Recipe makes 1 serving. Per serving approximately 1 Medifast Meal, 3 Condiments
1 Pkg Medifast Cream of Tomato Soup mix 1 Medifast Meal
1/4 tsp baking powder ½ Condiment
½ tsp garlic/herb powder or to taste 1 Condiment
¼ cup fresh basil (chopped) ¼ Condiment
2 Tbsp rosemary leaves (chopped) 1 Condiment
2 Tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray (10 sprays = 1 Condiment).
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Using a wet spatula (to prevent sticking), scoop dough on to tray.
4. Wet finger tips (to prevent sticking), and press down dough to shape. Depending on what I am using it for, I will make it round (for pizza) or oblong (for flatbread or wrap). Make the center thinner than the sides.
5. Bake for 3-5 minutes just until firm enough to flip.
6. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes until done. It will brown around the edges.
“This flatbread tastes great as is, but you can also use it to make pizza by topping with a bit of cheese and other toppings (remember to deduct them from your L&G portions). I love making a wrap with it, filling it with veggies, chicken, feta, a drizzle of balsamic, ranch dressing…the options are endless*, and it makes a very satisfying meal!”
*Just make sure to double check your approved condiments list!