Per serving: 1 Leaner | 3 Green | 3 Condiments | 1 Healthy Fat
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition: 370 calories | 17g fat | 12g carbohydrates | 43g protein
Lean & Green™ Meal
½ cup diced leeks
½ cup diced celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
½ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp salt
1½ lbs 95-97% lean ground beef
1 cup petite diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp yellow mustard
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp pepper
4 cups cauliflower
1½ Tbsp (3/4 oz) low-fat cream cheese
scallions for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Sauté the leeks, celery, and garlic in olive oil along with the oregano, parsley, thyme, and salt. Remove from heat and place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add uncooked beef, tomatoes, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and eggs to the bowl, and mix well.
4. Lightly grease a muffin pan, and scoop a portion of the meat mixture into each muffin cup.
5. Bake at 350° F for 25 minutes or until done (internal temperature of 160° F).
6. Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower until tender. Mash it with the cream cheese and a dash of salt and pepper.
7. Pipe mashed cauliflower onto meatloaf muffins, and garnish with scallions, if desired.
Yum! Looks good. Can’t wait to try it!
Comments are closed.