Just like grandma made, only healthier! Try out the latest recipes from The Front Burner™ for mouth-watering, crisped to perfection, chicken tenders and kale chips today!
Crispy Chicken Tenders & Kale Chips
• 1 pack of Medifast Multi-Grain Crackers, crushed
• 1 egg, beaten
• 7 oz. skinless boneless raw chicken tenderloin
• 1/8 tsp. salt
• Non-stick cooking spray
• ¼ tsp. pepper
• ¼ tsp. garlic powder (optional)
• 1 tbsp. hot sauce (optional)
• 1 large bunch kale, tough stems removed, leaves torn into pieces, 6 cups
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Sprinkle the chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper.
2. Combine the beaten egg and crushed crackers in a small bowl.
3. Dip the chicken into egg mixture and place onto a plate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat on medium-high.
5. Gently place the chicken tenders in the pan and cook.
6. When the chicken browns around the edges, flip and brown the other side.
7. Transfer to a baking dish and bake at 350°F until internal temperature has reached 165°F.
8. Sprinkle garlic powder and hot sauce on both sides for added flavor
1. Position racks in upper third and center of oven; preheat to 400°F.
2. If kale is wet, thoroughly pat dry with paper towel; transfer to a large bowl.
3. Drizzle kale with oil and sprinkle with salt. Using your hands, massage the oil and salt onto the kale leaves to evenly coat.
4. Fill two large rimmed baking sheets with a layer of kale, making sure the leaves don’t overlap.
5. Bake until leaves are crisp, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom halfway through, 8 to 12 minutes total.
One serving of both recipes provides 1 lean, 3 green, 1 optional snack and 3 ¼ condiments, and 1 healthy fat.
Watch Chef Jason make these recipes and more as part of The Front Burner™ web series!