Medifast is celebrating National Second Half of the Year Day!
Every New Year’s Eve, we decide to make a change. We find something in our lives we want to hone in on and improve. There are always facets of life that can be better. Who says we can’t have a day to re-evaluate and seek out new goals in July? Here is a list of ten things you can do to make a change and better yourself:
- Survey your field. Take a look around you. Notice what is good and what is bad. What would you like to keep? What would you like to improve? Half of the year has already passed. Take this time to see where you are in relation to the world around you.
- Consider your reasons. Ask yourself why you have decided to re-evaluate? Why now? This step is to help you understand your position now and where you want to be in the future.
- Spring clean your life. Weed out the bad, whatever that means. It can be people, places, activities, objects etc.
- Redesign yourself. Get inspired and find motivation. Find a hobby, study something that interests you or take on a new sport. You have this opportunity for a fresh beginning and you might as well take advantage of that.
- Be nervous. Do something once every day that makes you feel a little bit scared. Participate in new and positive things that you wouldn’t have otherwise. Positive nervousness helps you keep that energetic outlook. Odds are you’ll surprise yourself and you won’t be sorry.
- Surround yourself with people. It is amazing what you can learn from others. Staying open-minded is key. Sometimes we don’t always know the answer. And talking to others can help us switch perspectives and see things from a different angle.
- Tell others about your plan. Having others’ encouragement can do wonders to your self-esteem. In addition, if you tell peers about your goals, you’ll have that extra positive pressure to follow through.
- Set a date. Mark a specific day where you want to start making a difference in your life. Better yet, make that date right now. Today.
- Be realistic. It’s okay to fail. However, it is more important to get back up once you’ve fallen. Be realistic with your goals and take note of how long it will take to get there. Know that change is wonderful, but it is also gradual. Patience is key.
- Set mini-goals. To begin, it is important to recognize what can be accomplished immediately and what may take a little more time to complete.
Follow these steps and make a change to improve your life this Half of the Year Day. Want more? Visit the Medifast site to learn more and continue your journey of positive growth.