With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about what’s on the menu. Whether you’re hosting this holiday or responsible for bringing a dish, you should try this cauliflower rice stuffing instead of your traditional stuffing. Not only will you save yourself around 200 calories per serving, you’ll also save yourself from the regret of overindulging!
Cauliflower Rice Stuffing
Yield: 2 servings
Per serving: 3 Green | 2 Healthy Fats | 3 Condiments
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 oz chopped walnuts
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ Tbsp poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add celery, mushrooms, onion, and walnuts. Sauté for five minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice, sauté for an additional two minutes.
- Add stock and seasoning; mix well. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
160 calories | 5g protein | 11g carbohydrate | 13g fat