Salmon is a delicious protein to fulfill the Lean portion of your Lean & Green meal. Rich with omega-3 fatty acids (an essential fat that your body cannot produce on its own), try to get in at least two servings of this hearth-healthy fish a week.
This recipe is a great place to start if you’re new to eating this fish and is the perfect light and refreshing dish for a warm spring night:
Salmon & Asparagus with Pepper Puree
1 Lean | 3 Green | 3 Condiments
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Yield: 1 serving
6 oz raw salmon
1 cup fresh asparagus
¼ cup red bell peppers, diced
¼ cup raw tomatoes, diced
1/8 tsp salt
½ cup water
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
10 sprays non-stick cooking spray
¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Dice tomatoes and peppers; place on a cookie sheet and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lightly season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon in a baking pan and add water.
- Bake salmon and vegetables for about 20-25 minutes.
- Boil water for asparagus. As it heats, clean and trim asparagus ends. Leave as whole stalks or cut in half. Place in boiling water and cook about ten minutes or until tender-crisp.
- After removing peppers and tomatoes from oven, let cool two to three minutes. Place in a blender, add vinegar and blend until the consistency of applesauce.
- Arrange asparagus on a plate with salmon on top. Drizzle puree over salmon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Per serving: 400 calories | 16g fat | 12g carbohydrates | 46g protein
Find more great recipes here!
How can you measure whole asparagus to equal 1 cup? Could you weigh it before cooking instead?
Hi Suzanne, Yes, you can always go by weighing instead if you like.
Looks good and I will try it tonight. Thanks