Let’s celebrate #NationalHotSoupMonth, with a Leaner Hearty Chicken Vegetable Soup from our Recipe Corner!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 Minutes
- 2 lbs raw, boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1” pieces (should yield four 6-oz cooked servings)
- 32 oz reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups (18 medium) mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 cups celery (7 large stalks), thinly diced
- 1 cup (1 medium 2-¾” x 2-½”) yellow bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup (1 medium 2-¾” x 2-½”) red bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup (1 medium 2-¾” x 2-½”) green bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- ½-1 cup (4 to 8 oz) water (optional, add extra water depending on how thick you ½ cup scallions (3-4 scallions), chopped
- 2 Tbsp cream
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley or ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tsp olive or canola oil
- ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- want your soup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Trim all visible fat from chicken and cut into 1” pieces; clean and cut mushrooms, pepper, celery, and scallions.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and chicken; cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, celery, and mushrooms.
- Cook until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add scallions, broth, water (optional), cream, thyme, black pepper, and parsley.
- Simmer until ready to serve.
Is this a complete lean and green? What portion size of soup do you serve yourself?
This is a complete lean and green and it’s serves four!
Comments are closed.