In the mood for something sweet? Now that you’re maintaining your weight, then try whipping up this healthier version of tiramisu. Chef Jason Hisley of La Cakerie invented this recipe just for Medifast! Be sure to come back to the blog on Monday to learn more about Jason, his weight-loss journey, and other great new recipes!
Tiramisu-inspired Mocha Trifle
1 low-sugar angel food cake
1 packet Medifast Dutch Chocolate Shake
1 box sugar-free, non-fat Jell-O vanilla pudding mix
2 c. skim milk
½ c. brewed coffee (or espresso for stronger flavor)
1 tsp. rum extract
- Mix the Medifast Dutch Chocolate Shake with ¼ c. water. Whisk for one minute to thicken.
- Add 2 c. skim milk and the instant pudding to the chocolate mix. Whisk for one minute to thicken. Whisk in rum extract.
- Slice the angel food cake into bite-sized cubes. Dip one side of each cube in brewed coffee.
- Layer the chocolate mixture in a small glass with cubes of the angel food cake.
- Top with fresh fruit, toasted angel food cake, or chocolate shavings to garnish. Chill for 30 minutes to set.
Per Serving: 120 calories, 0.5g total fat, 24g total carbohydrate, and 5.5g protein