Whether you adopt a vegetarian diet for health, ecological, religious, or ethical reasons, there are plenty of Medifast products that fit your lifestyle!
In fact, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has suggested that fortified foods like Medifast Meals are valuable for meat-free weight loss and maintenance.
Eating five Medifast Meals a day provides approximately 100 percent of the daily value for 24 vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, iron, zinc, calcium, and riboflavin. You’ll also get at least 72 grams of high quality protein, which is sometimes difficult to do on a vegetarian diet.
Click here for a complete list of all of the vegetarian Medifast Meals, and the list of Meatless Lean options for your Lean & Green.
Tofu is just one meatless option you’ll find on the meatless options list. Give this tofu recipe a try – you won’t believe it’s just one serving it’s so filling!
Asian Tofu Lettuce Wraps
Created by Kristi Metzger
Makes 1 Serving
1 pkg (15 oz) extra firm tofu, drained
1/2 c tri-color peppers, diced
1/2 c broccoli slaw mix
8 large iceberg lettuce leaves
4 tbsp light Asian sesame ginger dressing
- Dice the drained block of tofu into small cubes, about 1/4 inch.
- Cook over medium heat in a non-stick wok or skillet sprayed wtih cooking spray until the edges become golden brown.
- Add diced peppers, cook about 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli slaw mix and stir it into tofu and pepper mixture.
- Add dressing and let simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves. Enjoy!