It’s Tuesday and National Taco Day, so you know what that means, it’s Taco Tuesday! Instead of loading up your taco with all those unwanted calories, mmmMedifast™ has you covered with this guilt-free taco recipe. With only 310 calories per serving, you’ll be saving this recipe for every Tuesday!
Taco-Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 1 Lean | 3 Green | 3 Condiments
310 calories | 32g protein | 12g carbohydrate | 15g fat
4 small zucchinis
6 Tbsp mild salsa
1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1, 10-oz can dice tomatoes & green chiles, pureed
1 cup reduced-fat, shredded Mexican blend cheese
¼ cup chopped scallions
¼ cup low-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 ˚F.
- Remove tops of zucchini, halve lengthwise. Using a melon baller or spoon, hollow out the center of zucchini, leaving ~1/4-inch rim. Chop zucchini flesh; set aside.
- Brown turkey in large skillet. Add 1 cup chopped up zucchini flesh (save rest for another recipe), and spices, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add pureed tomato, simmer uncovered until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and immediately mix in half of cheese.
- Pour salsa into the bottom of a large baking dish, place zucchini boats, hollow-side-up on top. Fill each boat with turkey mixture, pressing down, and sprinkle tops with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with scallions, salsa from the bottom of baking dish, and Greek yogurt (optional).