Today is Cinco de Mayo! Whether you’re throwing a fiesta or cooking up a Mexican-inspired dinner, we’ve got you covered. Traditional Mexican dips can cost you a few hundred calories for a small serving, and that’s not even including the dippers. We’ve created a lighter version of a classic fiesta favorite – queso! Better yet, we’ve served it with crunchy, mini sweet pepper halves instead of chips to cut even more calories and add a hefty dose of vitamin C!
4-Ingredient Skinny Queso
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: ½ Lean | 3 Green
- ½ cup unsweetened, original almond milk
- 1 ½ cups reduced-fat, shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup low-fat, plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1, 1-lb bag mini sweet peppers, halved lengthwise, stems and seeds removed
- In a small saucepot, heat almond milk to a simmer.
- Remove saucepot from heat, add cheese, and stir until completely melted.
- Add Greek yogurt and diced tomatoes, and stir until well-combined.
- Serve with halved mini sweet peppers!
Nutritional information: 190 calories | 15g protein | 12g carbohydrate | 10g fat