November is National Peanut Butter Lovers Month and we’re celebrating by sharing a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe that is not only delicious, but healthy! With 19g of protein per serving, these cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth and keep cravings at bay. What makes these cookies unique? They are lower in calories, fat, and sugar compared to traditional peanut butter cookies; and they contain a healthy dose of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. That’s because we’ve swapped regular peanut butter for powdered, egg whites for eggs, and the Medifast Chocolate Chip Pancakes for flour, sugar, and chocolate chips. Enjoy these cookies warm with a cup of unsweetened almond or cashew milk.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 Medifast Meal │ 1 Healthy Fat │ 1 Optional Snack │ 1 Condiment
Servings: 4 (~4 cookies per serving)
- 4 packets Medifast Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- ½ cup powdered peanut butter
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp egg whites
- 4 tsp canola oil
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Add the wet ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Spoon one tablespoon batter about one inch apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Flatten the mounds with a fork, while making a cross-hatch pattern with the tines.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are cooked through.
Nutrition Facts: 210 calories │ 8.5g total fat │ 17g carbohydrate │ 19g protein