Prep time: 5–10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 260 calories | 11g fat | 9g carbohydrates | 31g protein
1 Lean | 3 Green | 3 Condiments
- 1½ lbs boneless pork chops
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp pepper, divided
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 10-oz bags Swiss or rainbow chard, cut and washed
- 1 8-oz package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Season pork chops with one-quarter teaspoon of salt, one-eighth teaspoon of pepper, and thyme. Lightly grease a large skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add the chops and lightly brown each side. Remove from heat.
- Place skillet back on burner, and pour in chicken broth. Sauté mushrooms with garlic and red pepper flakes until just tender.
- Arrange chard in a large casserole dish, and season with remaining salt and pepper. Add mushroom mixture followed by the pork chops. Top with sprinkled cheese. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until internal temperature of pork reaches 145°F.