Go green! Thursday, March 26th, is National Spinach Day. Spinach is an excellent source of many disease-fighting nutrients, including, iron, potassium, calcium, fiber, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin C, and carotenoids. Additionally, studies have shown that eating cooked spinach, versus raw, results in higher absorption of certain nutrients, such as, iron, calcium, and certain antioxidants. So celebrate your inner Popeye with this creamed spinach recipe, which pairs perfectly with baked cod or tilapia for a complete Lean & Green Meal!
- 1 10-oz frozen steam-in-bag spinach
- 4 Lite Laughing Cow cheese wedges
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Prepare spinach in microwave according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, soften Laughing Cow cheese wedges in medium-sized skillet on medium-low heat.
- Once softened, add almond milk and spices and stir to combine.
- Add steamed spinach to cheese mixture, and stir until no cheese clumps remain. Remove from heat and enjoy!