Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 1 Lean | 3 Green | 3 Condiments
Nutrition: 300 calories | 13.5g fat | 15g carbohydrates | 31g protein
Lean & Green™ Meal
1 lb 94% lean ground beef
½ cup chopped leeks
3 cups diced tomatoes
½ cup water
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cumin
1 bay leaf
¼ tsp ground allspice
½ tsp salt
1 spaghetti squash
1 cup reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
scallions for garnish (optional)
1. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat, and add the beef and leeks. Cook until beef is brown and fully cooked (internal temperature of 160° F) and leeks have softened.
2. Add the tomatoes, water, garlic, cocoa powder, and Worcestershire sauce along with the remaining herbs and spices. Mix well. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce sauce to a simmer, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes or until thickened.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the spaghetti squash. Cut in half, and remove the seeds and stringy pulp. Place squash halves in a microwave-safe dish with ¼ to ½ cup water. Heat on high for 12 minutes or until fork tender. Allow to cool. With a fork, scrape out the flesh to make spaghetti-like strands. Set aside two cups, and save the remaining squash for another meal.
5. Remove the bay leaf from the chili, and mix in the spaghetti squash.
6. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with scallions, if desired.
Looks delicious! Spaghetti squash is a hidden gem!! I buy it three at a time now!! Medifast Rocks!!
use ground turkey with this
Comments are closed.