Okay, football fans, it’s down to the wire. If you’ve got a team in the big game this weekend, or if you’re just getting stoked for the event, let’s huddle.
As soon as that clock starts, you’re gonna dig deep. Because this isn’t just a game. This is everything. The whole low-fat, carb-balanced, sugar-free enchilada. Now focus.
OK, DEFENSE: You know it’s gonna be tough out there this Sunday. They’re gonna throw the whole tailgate atcha. Wings. Dip. Beer. Soda. These monsters are gonna come at you hard. There’s going to be crunching and munching all around you. And you’re gonna be a rock about protecting your body, your health.
- You’re gonna eat before the big game and then every 2 – 3 hours.
- You’re gonna carry healthy snacks with you. Hit that celery. But play clean. No flags. You can’t afford to lose yards (or gain inches) on some penalty trying to get away with some nonsense you know ain’t right.
Now, OFFENSE: No one’s getting a first down by going backwards. When temptation comes at you, you be ready with a play:
- You can call a run. Or get in a run or other workout before the big game. Burn calories first!
- You can pass. Just say, “I’ll pass.” Or fake ‘em out: “Yeah, I ate earlier, and I’m stuffed.”
- You have the training to win this. You got a whole team around you. Communicate with each other. Phone. Text. Whatever it takes to get yourself through it.
They may have taken you down before. But this is TODAY. TODAY when you see that line of fat and salt and sugar on the table, you’re gonna be unstoppable. You’re not hitting the turf. You’re staying on your feet.
Because this is YOUR time. This is YOUR destiny. Now get out there and show ‘em your game.