Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 1 Lean | 3 Green | 1 ½ Condiments
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 2 cups 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ cups shredded, reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook cauliflower in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and pat dry using paper towels (be sure to remove as much liquid as possible to avoid cauliflower soup).
- In a large bowl, mix cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, egg, salt, dry mustard, turmeric, garlic powder, pepper, and cheese. Stir in cauliflower.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve topped with green onion.
Per serving: 330 calories | 35g protein | 16g carbohydrate | 15g fat