Veggie Cauliflower Wraps (Lean & Green)
1/3 Leaner | 3 Green | 1 Healthy Fat | 1½ Condiments
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 15 – 20 minutes Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups small cauliflower florets
- 2 oz (½ cup) reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup liquid egg substitute
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- ½ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 4 large kale leaves
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor or chopper and pulse until they become very fine rice-like pieces.
- Place cauliflower in microwave-safe dish and microwave three minutes. Stir cauliflower, and then return to the microwave for another two minutes.
- Once cooled, place cooked cauliflower in a cheesecloth or thin dishtowel and squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible.
- Add cheese, eggs, egg substitute, lemon zest, and salt, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour a small portion of the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with lightly greased parchment paper. With a spatula, spread evenly to make four medium-sized wraps.
- Bake for about 8 – 10 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 5 – 7 minutes. Carefully peel wraps off of the parchment paper, and set aside.
- Prepare wraps by spreading guacamole evenly onto each wrap, topping with a kale leaf, dividing remaining vegetables evenly among each wrap, and rolling wraps.
Per serving: 170 calories | 8g fat | 12g carbohydrates |13g protein