Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
1 Leaner | 1 Healthy Fat (with dressing) | 3 Condiments | 1 Optional Snack
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Facts (w/o dressing): 250 calories | 30g protein | 7g carbohydrate | 12g total fat
- 3 packets Medifast Multigrain Crackers
- 1¼ lbs 95-97% lean ground chicken or turkey
- 3 medium celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ cup buffalo wing hot sauce
- Reduced-fat or light blue cheese or ranch dressing (optional)*
- In a food processor, pulse crackers into breadcrumb-like pieces.
- Combine all ingredients, including the cracker crumbs, in a mixing bowl, and mix with hands.
- Shape mixture into 12 meatballs, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with dressing if desired.
Note: On average, one tablespoon reduced-fat dressing or two tablespoons light dressing equals one serving of healthy fat. To make this meal complete, serve meatballs with celery sticks (1/2 cup = 1 serving of green) or on a bed of leafy greens (1 cup leafy greens = 1 serving of green).