Zucchini Pizza Casserole
1 Lean | 3 Green | 2½ Condiments
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time: 60 minutes
3½ cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini (about 2 medium zucchinis)
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
4 oz. reduced-fat, shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
4 oz. reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese, divided
½ lb 90-94% lean ground beef
¼ cup chopped onion
1, 14.5-oz. can petite diced Italian tomatoes*
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Place zucchini in a strainer, and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 10 minutes, and then press to release moisture.
- Combine zucchini with eggs, parmesan, and half of the mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Press mixture into a lightly greased baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the beef and onion in a medium skillet until done. Drain any liquid, and then stir in the tomatoes.
- Pour beef mixture over the zucchini and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Top with green pepper.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until heated through.
Per Serving: 360 calories | 35g protein | 17g carbohydrate | 18g fat