Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Squash with Spinach & Tomatoes
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 1 Leaner | 3 Green | 1 Healthy Fat | 3 Condiments
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
½ Tsp salt, divided
½ Tsp pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1 cup chicken broth
½ lemon, juiced
4 cups cooked spaghetti squash (8 green)
- Season chicken breast with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté chicken breast until cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until they begin to soften about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and remaining salt, reduce heat and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted about 2 minutes.
- Serve contents of skillet atop spaghetti squash!
Nutritionals 370 calories | 54g protein | 15g carbohydrate | 10g fat