1 Lean | ¼ Green | 2 ½ Condiments
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 25 – 30 minutes Yield: 4 servings
- 3 eggs, separated carefully
- 3 Tbsp reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 packet sugar substitute
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 4 Morningstar Farms Grillers Original burgers
- 4, 1-oz slices reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 4 thick slices of tomato
- 4 thin slices of onion
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Combine egg yolks, cream cheese, and sugar substitute in a small bowl.
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl, and beat on high speed until egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Very carefully fold egg yolk mixture into egg whites until combined. Be very careful not to break the egg whites.
- Scoop mixture into eight even rounds on greased baking sheets.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, until tops are golden brown. Allow to cool completely on rack when finished.
- Meanwhile, cook burgers according to package directions.
- Prepare burgers by topping one cloud bread half with a burger patty, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and second cloud bread half.
Tip: When the cloud bread halves are removed from the oven, they are crisp, similar to cooked meringue. For softer bread texture that is nice and chewy, allow them to cool in a plastic bag or airtight container overnight.
Per serving: 270 calories | 13g fat | 9g carbohydrates | 28g protein