Do you love pizza, but hate the calories? Then try this healthy alternative! Brought to you by Chef Jason Hisley in conjunction with Medifast as part of The Front Burner™ series, this pizza will satisfy your pizza craving and get you all the veggies you need for a healthy diet. Watch the video and then follow the recipe below to make your own.
Spinach, Tomato, and Turkey Pizza
2 Servings. Per serving: 1 Lean, 3 Green, and 2 Condiments.
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 5 ounces of 95-97% lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (4 oz) part-skim shredded mozzarella
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp Italian seasonings—or about 1/8 tsp each of basil and oregano
- ¾ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- ¾ cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Steam cauliflower till tender, then mash.
- Cook ground turkey in a non-stick pan until done. Set aside and keep warm.
- To make the crust, combine the egg, ½ cup (2 ounces) cheese, mashed cauliflower, garlic, and Italian seasonings in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spread mixture evenly on a non-stick, 9-inch round pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes and remove from oven. Switch oven to a low broil setting.
- Top crust with tomatoes, remaining mozzarella, spinach, and cooked turkey.
- Return pizza to oven and broil until crust and cheese have slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool two to three minutes before cutting and serving.
Chef Jason is the owner and executive chef of La Cakerie as well as a Medifast weight-loss success story! He stars in our exciting new video recipe series, The Front Burner™.