Mason Jar Taco Salad
Yield: 2 servings
Per serving: 1 Lean | 3 Green | 3 Condiments
- ½ lb lean ground beef (93% fat-free)
- ½ Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- ½ cup reduced-fat, Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 medium-sized bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- Place ground beef in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Season with taco seasoning, and cook until browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a small blender or food processor, combine Greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Assemble mason jar salads. Divide each salad ingredient evenly amongst two, 32-oz mason jars, and layer in the following order: dressing, pico de gallo, beef, cheese, bell pepper, shredded lettuce. Secure with lids, and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Nutritionals: 330 calories | 36g protein | 17g carbohydrate | 14g fat