It’s estimated that 11 million pounds of potato chips are eaten on Super Bowl Sunday—that’s a whole lot of calories! Instead of binging on unhealthy snacks, score a touchdown with your party guests (and your diet!) by providing tasty alternatives. As Medifast’s Clinical Director of Nutrition, I’m always looking for healthy alternatives to share with my friends and families on days like the Super Bowl! One of my favorite go-to recipes is a low-carb version of a traditional loaded baked potato! My family calls it the “Loaded Cauliflower Bake!”
Loaded Cauliflower Bake
Per serving: 1 Lean | 3 Green | 3 Condiments
Yield: 2 servings
Per serving: 334 calories, 29g protein, 17g carbohydrate, 17g fat
2 ½ cups cauliflower florets
½ cup low-fat Greek yogurt, plain
1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
4 slices (2 oz) turkey bacon, chopped, divided
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Steam cauliflower florets in the microwave for about 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.Drain or squeeze any excess water after microwaving.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until fluffy.
- Add the Greek yogurt, ½ cup low-fat cheese, 2 slices of chopped bacon, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pulse until mixed well.
- Remove the cauliflower and place in a baking dish. Fold in ¼ cup of scallions.
- Bake 15 minutes or until hot.
- Remove from oven and top with remainder cheese, turkey bacon, and scallions.
- Place in oven until the cheese is melted.
- Remove and enjoy!
Watch my segment below for more healthy alternatives for the big game!