Happy National French Toast Day! Makeover this typical, calorie-laden breakfast you love, by transforming the Medifast Cereal into these delicious and healthy French Toast Sticks!
Healthy French Toast Sticks
Yield: 2 servings (3 sticks per serving)
Per serving: 1 Medifast Meal | 3 Condiments
- 2 packets Medifast Cinnamon Brown Sugar Cereal
- 2 Tbsp low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 Tbsp liquid egg substitute
- Cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp sugar-free syrup (optional)
- Process Medifast Cereal in blender or food processor until fine breadcrumb-like consistency.
- Add the cream cheese and liquid egg substitute, and mix well until dough forms.
- Form six French toast stick pieces with the dough.
- Heat a lightly greased skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the French toast sticks until warm and lightly browned on all sides.
- Serve with Medifast Sugar-Free Syrup if desired.