We’re excited to present mmmMedifast™, a short videos series that showcases quick and easy lean and green recipes! Our first video features our Blackened Shrimp Lettuce Wraps from Medifast Simply Well™: An Everyday, Healthy Cookbook. Here at Medifast, we’re committed to providing you with the tools to take control of your own well-being, and what better way than trying recipes that won’t neglect your taste buds.
Blackened Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
1 Leanest | 3 Green | 2 Healthy Fat | 3 Condiments
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 8 -12 minutes Yield: 4 servings
350 calories | 15g fat | 17g carbohydrate | 39g protein (per serving)
2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tbsp Old Bay Blackened Seasoning
4 tsp olive oil, divided
1 cup plain, 2% Greek yogurt
6 oz avocado
2 Tbsp lime juice, divided
1 ½ cups diced tomato
¼ cup diced green bell pepper
¼ cup chopped red onion
¼ cup chopped cilantro
1 chopped and deseeded jalapeno pepper
12 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Place shrimp and Old Bay seasoning in a re-sealable plastic bag (you may need to divide shrimp into two batches). Shake contents of bag to distribute seasoning evenly.
- Heat two teaspoons of olive oil in large-skillet, and add half of the shrimp in a single layer. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Repeat with remaining olive oil and shrimp.
- For the avocado crema: Combine Greek yogurt, avocado, and one tablespoon of lime juice in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- For the tomato salsa: Stir the tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, and remaining tablespoon of lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Prepare lettuce wraps by dividing the shrimp, avocado crema, and tomato salsa evenly among the lettuce leaves, Serve immediately.