Watch Chef Jason whip up these perfectly spiced Pork Tacos and Jicama “Fries.” You’ll love the flavor and freshness of the latest healthy recipe from The Front Burner™!
Lime Cilantro Pork Tacos
Servings : 4 One serving provides 1 lean, 2 green, and 3 condiments
• 1 cup Raw Lettuce, Iceberg
• 1 cup Raw Peppers, Red
• 1 1/4 lb Pork Tenderloin (raw)
• 1 cup Raw Tomatoes, plum
• 1/4 cup Raw Onion
• 1/2 cup Jalapeno Pepper, raw
• 1/4 tsp Salt
• 10 sprays Non-stick Cooking Spray
• 1/8 tsp Pepper
• 3 tbsp Cilantro
• 4 tsp Lemon or Lime Juice
• 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1. Chop the plum tomato and cilantro separately. Set aside.
2. Chop the Jalapeno pepper and remove seeds. Set aside.
3. Trim and cut the pork tenderloin into thin strips.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Sprinkle pork with salt and black pepper.
6. Spray pan with cooking spray. Add pork and saute 4 minutes or until browned.
7. Remove pork from pan and place in a bowl.
8. Add onion, red pepper and jalapeno to pan, saute 5 minutes or until tender.
9. Add broth, reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute, scarping pan to loosen browned bits.
10. Stir in tomato, simmer 2 minutes.
11. Return pork and accumulated juices to pan. Stir in cilantro and lime juice and cook 1 minute or until pork has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees Farenheit.
12. Take a sturdy piece of lettuce and shape to make a taco shell. Spoon a portion of the pork mixture into the lettuce shell and enjoy.
Protein 44.8 g
Carb 5.5 g
Fat 10.8 g
Enjoy your tacos with ½ cup of sliced jicama fries per person for a complete Lean & Green Meal.
2 cups jicama, peeled and cut into ¼-inch sticks
2 tsp lime juice
Chopped fresh cilantro
Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Peel and cut the jicama into ¼-inch sticks.
2. In a large bowl, combine jicama with lime juice, cilantro, and red pepper flakes and toss until well-incorporated.
3. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Click through for more great recipes from Chef Jason and The Front Burner™!